Tuesday, August 20, 2019

First day of school

This summer was a busy one.  The boys have 10 lawn mowing jobs but they can't drive yet so I get to take them around every week.  Most of the time I end up helping with about half the lawns each week due to some kind of conflict or problem with a boy.
I also had both boys take two on line classes this summer for high school credit.  They both completed Financial Literacy and Fit for Life.
So what all this means is I did a lot of home work with them and mowed a lot of lawns.

Today is Avrams first day of High School 10th grade!  It is amazing to see how much he has progressed the past few years.  Going from an Autistic school two years ago, to a regular charter school last year, to a regular high school this year is amazing!
I did have to go in 3 days before school started and throw a little momma fit demanding to talk with the director of special ed and counselor.  They didn't have Avram in his correct classes and I haven't been able to get anyone to reply to my many messages sent.
They ended up make the accommodations I asked for and set Avram up with a great schedule.  Avram is really excited for High School and feels like he knows a lot of people because of making friends on the football team.


Ila and Briggs started School last week.  Ila is now in 4th grade!  It is her last year at the south campus for Legacy.  (5-9 grades go to north campus). She is the king of the school and she has Pearl and Amy at her school also.  Ila is a social butterfly, I can tell she is super excited to be back in school and with her friends.



Briggs is the king of north campus as a 9th grader.  He is already in Advance musical Theater and he is a team leader this year.  He is also on the ballroom team again.  His teachers ended up making some concessions this year and so it looks like Briggs is going to get to play on the basketball team this year also.  He is so excited.

I don't think I have mention that he grew over 4 inches last year.  He has finally gotten taller than mom.

2 comments:

  1. I didn't know 5th graders went to the North Campus! I thought they stayed at the South Campus until 7th grade. Pearl is going to be sad when Ila goes to the North Campus next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so neat that cousins can be in the same school.

    ReplyDelete