Sunday, March 11, 2018

Extreme Weather

Last Sunday half the wards in our Stake were cancelled because we had such a horrible snow storm Saturday night. 
This weekend has been so sunny and beautiful that I have the windows of the house open. 

We recently had D. Todd Christopherson move into our ward.  Its a little different sitting on the front row of the chapel (which is where we always sit) and having an apostle sitting right in front of you.  Im glad my kids are a little better behaved then they use to be in church.
He stood up today in sacrament meeting after a missionary spoke in our ward and had some funny jokes to share about missions and then he shared a little bit about the process of calling missionaries. 

I was released from my stake calling today and I was called to be a Sunday school teacher and the scout committee chair.  After sacrament ended Elder Christopherson came to congratulate me on my scout calling.  He was laughing as he shook my hand.  He has a great sense of humor. 

We also have Don Staley in our ward who was the personal assistant to President Hinkley.  He shares some great stories about the prophet.  He has been asked to be President Nielsons personal assistant. 

 (Briggs is in the plaid shirt.  His teacher is in Red)

Briggs has been thinking about joining the Ball room dance team at his school.  Im a little stressed about it because he doesn't do well with a super busy schedule and he is even worse when he doesn't get his sleep.  Many of the team practices are before school at 6:30am

One of his friends wants him to take a ballroom dance class with her on Saturdays at a dance studio in town.   Briggs decided to try out the class yesterday. 
Dance takes me out of my comfort zone.  I didn't realize the effect it had on me until yesterday.  I was watching Briggs dance.  He is so cute and all the girls are so excited to have a boy there to dance with.  But it stresses me out still.  Suddenly my watch started to beep.  I looked down to see my watch reading that my heart rate was at 124 beats per minute and it couldn't detect that I was exercising. 
I decided to go to the store until Briggs class ended.


3 comments:

  1. Haha! That is really funny! I had no idea you were that stressed out about dancing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brigs has such a fun personality. I would have never thought we would have a performer and a dancer in our family.

    ReplyDelete