If I haven't praised the name Jules Snarr in my blog Im going to do it now. We have a theater director at Briggs charter school that is priceless. She not only has professional experience in theater, but she is a great teacher and she is amazing at bringing out the best in our children. She has changed Brighams life!
She puts together the most amazing productions with elementary and junior high children. When Briggs transferred over to the Charter school I made him go to a play try out before he was even in the school. I had heard so much about this lady that I knew she was the answer to my prayers.
Briggs is a quiet, shy, laid back, easy going, indecisive, low stress child. These characteristic translate into a boy that really doesn't care about much, but he is a good boy.
I needed to find something that would challenge, motivate and push Briggs. I needed something that helped Briggs find good friends and feel included. I needed something that would bring out the best in my boy.
Jules has done all those things for Briggs. He has worked with her for 2 1/2 years now. He is actually in her Advance Musical Theater class which is not an easy class to get into. Only 6 kids in the 7th grade made it into AMT this year. Briggs was one of those 6 kids.
After hours of practice and time the Theater class is putting on their show. This year it is The Little Mermaid. I am especially proud of Briggs this year because he over came a big challenge. He had to learn how to tap dance for this play! He was ready to quit when he first began the tap dancing lessons but with extra classes and a lot of work he can now say he even enjoys tap dancing.
For the play Briggs is a Seagull, A Sailor, an urchant (Urselas creature), a Chef, and a Crab. His biggest problem is not loosing his costumes.
Briggs is the seagull on the Right in front.Don't tell Briggs but I wanted to post this picture because he "likes" the girl with the Green Hair.
Briggs is in the yellow shirt and the red crab hat.

See that cute Sailor in front...Briggs
Briggs is the 3rd one in from the leftBriggs is on the left
How cute is this boy? He is right next to the seagull with the red vest
Briggs is in the yellow shirt and red crab hat
Briggs is the chef in the red shirt, the 2nd one in from the right
Briggs is the Urchant on the right
Briggs has such a funny face in this picture. He is amazing at becoming the character.
A couple of evenings back I was waiting for Briggs after the play. I heard some people talking about the play. I over heard them mention Briggs so I started to listen a little more carefully. They were talking about how entertaining Briggs is on stage. The director was talking with them and she kept agreeing with them about how good Briggs is on stage.
Lets put it this way....he is good enough that she is willing to deal with his grades and him losing things all the time. You gotta love that boy.














Thanks for the pictures. That looks like a great play. I know Crystal was so impressed with it. She is amazed at what they do.
ReplyDeleteYou have two amazing boys Lisa! It’s wonderfil the school has such a great program too. Nice work Briggs!
ReplyDeleteIt was so fun watching Brigham in the play! He really is fun to watch. He is expressive and gets into his characters. I am glad you found his nitch!
ReplyDeleteI'm getting all caught up on your blog. I've had a few teachers like this is my life and I am so grateful when my kids has a really winner. What a neat thing for Briggs to be involved in!
ReplyDelete