Sunday, February 11, 2018

Its coming

It hasn't happened yet but within the next couple of weeks I am going to be released from the Stake Primary Presidency.  After 2 years as a councilor and 3 1/2 as the president I guess everyone will be happy to see a change.
Even though I haven't officially been released I have started working with the soon to be new Stake Primary President.  I spent 4 hours with her this week going over information.  She has been one of my counselors for the past year and she will be a great president.  
My other counselor, Stacy, found out a couple of weeks ago that her son, who is a friend of Briggs, has Leukemia.   Briggs was shocked to hear one of his friends that is the same age as him has cancer. It is so hard seeing my dear friend and her son go through this.  
Im torn on how to feel about being released from the Primary.  It is really hard because I love the children in the Stake so much!  I have seen many of them go from nursery to baptism.  I have watched dozens of them leave and move onto Young Mens and Young Women's.  I have witnessed dozens of baptisms.  Most of the kids know me.  When I was called to be the Stake Primary President 3 1/2 years ago one morning, on a Sunday, I had a profound and very clear spiritual moment when a love surrounded me that was so powerful it brought me to tears.  I watched the faces of so many children in the stake flash through my brain and an overwhelming love for them seem to explode from my body.  I would have to say it is the strongest feeling of love I have ever experienced.  After this happened I couldn't pull myself together.  I asked Adam to give me a blessing to help me have the strength I needed to fulfill the calling which I had been given.  
Ever since that day I can not explain the deep love I have for each primary and each child as I visit them in their wards.  I have Young Women come up to me and hug me and tell me they miss me, because I have spent so many years watching over them and teaching them.  Im scared that when I am released from my calling the love I have for these children will be lost.  Im sad that soon the kids will forget me.  Im going to miss hearing their testimonies.  Im going to miss the primary programs.  It has truly been an honor to serve in this calling.  I have made friends through out the stake that will be my friends for forever.  (And I've offended a few people that may never forgive me too)

While I have been working with the soon to be Stake Primary President this week and she is still finalizing the people for her new presidency; I got a visit from my Bishopric.
They told me they have been waiting for months for me to be released and they have been holding a couple of callings for me.  They have asked me to be the Scout Committee Chair.  I actually somewhat volunteered for this when Adam became scout master.  This is a calling I am happy to have and help Adam.  The 2nd calling is to be a sunday school teacher over Avrams class.  Currently they have a couple teaching Avrams class.  They want to call the Man to a new calling so they asked if I would co-teach with the wife.  This individual is struggling a little bit in the church with her testimony so she needs some extra support.  She just happens to be my visiting teaching companion also.  I told them I would be happy to work with her and I am very excited to be a sunday school teacher, I have never done this before.  The bishopric said, "We will just wait until you are released over the pulpit and then we will officially present this to the ward."  I must admit, I am excited about my new callings.  

On another note Briggs is half way done with his play performances.  On Saturday Adam and I took a lunch to the entire cast, 40 kids.  Jules likes to make sure these kids are fed a healthy meal before the performance.  We will be feeding the kids again next Saturday.  

This is Briggs playing around before the show.  Jules was reviewing some parts with the lead characters.  Briggs was running around the stage playing the role of every other part.  

Ila had a 12 hour stomach flu bug this week.  So far no one else has caught it so hopefully we will be able to move past that.  

3 comments:

  1. Don't worry about the love you feel for the children of your stake going away. I still have deep feelings of love for the people I served with in both Stake YW and as a stake RS president. You grow close to people and they are always a part of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have done a wonderful job Lisa. The Lord has been able to trust you and you have served with all your heart. You are going to be a great Sunday School teacher. Best job in the ward.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is evident that you gave your best in calling because it is hard to leave. You will be great in your new callings! I am sorry to hear that Ila had the stomach flu! Yuck! I hope she is feeling better for your trip.

    ReplyDelete