Saturday, November 5, 2016

Tender Moment

On fridays Avram has early out.  We had a dermatologist appointment scheduled so I decided to spend the day with Avram instead of running back and forth to school to try and squeeze in a couple of hours of class time.  
Avram and I had a lot of fun together.  As we enjoyed some burgers for lunch I couldn't help but thank the Lord for blessing me with such a great kid.  Avram was a hard toddler but so far he has been a fairly delightful teenager.  I pray that he and I can always have a good relationship.  
My bishop pulled Adam and I to the side today and said, "I have to share with you something Avram told me in an interview a couple of weeks ago.  Avram said to me, 'Bishop Im really thankful your my Bishop.  I know you are suppose to be my Bishop.'"  The Bishop said, "Oh, really Avram.  How do you know Im suppose to be your Bishop?"  Avram said, "Because I know you love me."
As the Bishop shared this experience with us he struggled to finish telling us about this experience because tears welled up in his eyes.  The Bishop went on to tell us how much he loved Avram.
We mentioned to our Bishop that Avram has yet to have given a talk in sacrament meeting and told him about Avrams last experience of being asked to give a talk.  (Avram ran away from church and hid in the trees by the church because he was too scared to talk)  The Bishop said, "Well I will talk to Avram and I will let him know that I will be right behind him on the stand and if he needs help or gets to worried he can turn to me and I will help him at any point during his talk.  And if Avram wants, I will stand right by him while he gives his talk."
Since talking to the Bishop this morning I can't help but feel such gratitude and thankfulness to the Lord for giving Avram a Bishop who truly loves him.  It is humbling to realize what it means to others when you serve in a way that you are an instrument in the Lords hands.

5 comments:

  1. Reading about that makes me want to cry! It means so much when people see your child for who they really are. You have a great bishop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great experience to share. Avram is such a good boy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet story. There's nothing better than knowing others love your kids and care about them like you do:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute kid. It is always great to hear from others good things about your child. What a special story.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a very tender story and a reminder that in each of our callings we represent the Lord and how He would act with His stewardship.

    ReplyDelete