Growing up, we owned rabbits most of the time. We were lucky that our female rabbit was sterile so even though we owned a male and female we never had baby bunnies. The best part about having two rabbits is that they can keep each other warm in the winter.
Last fall I got 3 free rabbits, all of them males. The stayed together in a cage all winter and they survived without any problems. Since spring has come our rabbits have gone crazy! The kids went out one day and came running in to tell me that one of the rabbits didn't have fur on their back end and that the rabbit was bleeding. I went to check on the bunny and they were right. I thought the rabbit must have some strange disease so I immediately separated him from the other two. After a few days I could see that the sores were improving on the bunny and neither of the other rabbits seemed like they had caught anything.
I put the three rabbits back together. I immediately realized what had happened to the one bunny (Charlie). I watched Hop, another bunny, attack Charlie. He started chasing him around the cage and tried to bite his butt. The 3rd rabbit (Diamond) had always been shy and stayed in the corner but I realized the other two bunnies were constantly humping Diamond.
What was wrong with these 3 bunnies.
Well I separated all the rabbits in temporary boxes/cages and I made the boys help me make a cage. I actually gave the boys instructions and I cut wood but I made them put the cage together.
A here is our master piece:
All three bunnies are doing much better living on their own.
April has been a very busy month for my church calling. I can't really explain why I have been so busy but I have been super thankful for Monday FHE night so that I could have meetings. I use to have a great habit of blogging every Sunday but it is tough to find time on Sundays to blog.
I am excited to announce....I earned my 1st scout badge.
I am now a certified Unit commissioner for the boys scouts. Honestly I just laugh when I think about being involved in the Scouting Program.
This Spring has been crazy! One day we have 70 degree weather and then next day we have a snow storm.
We celebrated Adams birthday last week. I invited all his side of the family up to the house to celebrate with us. We had BBQ hamburgers and hotdogs, fruit, chips, salad, homemade donuts, and banana cream pie.
Adam ended up getting tickets for the front row of the RSL game. He and I went on a date together Saturday night to the game. I love going to the RSL games.
We went to Calvin and Cathryns house yesterday to attend Mia's baby blessing and spend some time with family. I baked cinnamon rolls for the party. Mia has been such a blessing to her family and she has brought so much joy into their lives after the trial they have suffered when Josia passed away.









Your spring sounds like ours. I bet if the bunnies were all female it probably would be different, but good job getting your kids to build a new cage for them. Good job on your scout award. Happy birthday Adam, how fun to go to RSL game together.
ReplyDeleteYour spring sounds like ours. I bet if the bunnies were all female it probably would be different, but good job getting your kids to build a new cage for them. Good job on your scout award. Happy birthday Adam, how fun to go to RSL game together.
ReplyDeleteGood job getting "trained." I had to do that even as a Stake Primary president in student housing.
ReplyDeleteWow, those cinnamon rolls look delicious! I can't believe you built all those bunny cages, you are awesome! I hope your bunnies will calm down and stop attacking one another!
ReplyDeleteCrazy! Your guys keep busy. Nice hutch!
ReplyDeleteWhat happened to your pink bunny house? Those cinnamon rolls do look wonderful. You are going to be the family officially scouting expert along with Justin.
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday to everyone!! Lovely cinnamon rolls. That's awesome you got front row RSL tickets!
ReplyDelete