Sunday night we had tracked where the flooding was coming from and we could see a lot was coming from our neighbors yard. Our neighbors have recently moved in and this was not a good start to our friendship. We talked with the neighbors and they were very understanding to the predicament we were in. As we investigated more in the morning we found that a lot of the water had come from the gutter. Our neighbors contractor had blocked the gutters so all the water was running onto their dive way which would then run down into our yard and into the basement.
Monday morning we ripped out all our new carpet and pad. Thankfully we will get some help financially to replace the carpet. Now that we have moved backward in our progress it is time to go forward again.
Ila and I got spring fever when we stopped into IFA this week. They had baby bunnies, baby chicks and gardening supplies everywhere.
Avram went on his first cross country skiing camping trip this weekend. He had a lot of fun but he is really sore tonight.




I am still sick about your basement; that is awful. I hope your neighbor's contractor will help with the damages. Did you bring any little chicks home? They could share a home with the bunnies!
ReplyDeleteOne step forward and two steps back. That is so discouraging. I hope you can get this problem solved. Until you are positive that you do I wouldn't put down any more carpet.
ReplyDeleteOne step forward and two steps back. That is so discouraging. I hope you can get this problem solved. Until you are positive that you do I wouldn't put down any more carpet.
ReplyDeleteSo sorry about your flood!
ReplyDeleteThis must have been devastating. I admire your determination to get going and fix everything. I'll bet your neighbors felt terrible too.
ReplyDeleteHow awful! I'm so sorry that you had that happen after all the work that went into your home. I'm sure you'll get it fixed so it doesn't happen again. I'm glad Avram survived.
ReplyDelete