This is Aug 31
September 3
September 5
September 7
Sept 17
September 19
September 25
October 3
October 6
October 7
October 9
October 13
October 16
October 17
October 18
October 30
November 10
November 12
November 13
November 14
November 23
November 25
December 7
December 28
When we finish I will put on the rooms before and after pictures.
Until then, this explains our life the past few months. After spending several weeks living in one bedroom of the house; We moved into Adams office on November 5 on 7200 South and lived in a storage unit attached to his office until Dec 21. It was really hard driving back and forth each morning and night. We tried so hard to keep things up beat because it was really hard on the kids.
There were several mornings and a few nights when it took all I had to not break down crying. But nothing was as bad as when I saw my kids melt down in desperation. One night we got back to the office and it had been raining. Briggs climbed out of the car and all his school papers fell in a puddle of water. He just started crying. I was carrying a hand full of stuff and trying to help Ila in so all I could do was to tell him to hurry and pick up his papers.
Each morning Ila cried on the way to school. She had to go the same time as the other kids but she just hung out with me all morning as I worked on the house.
I took Ila to the dentist one day and I think that was the last straw. She screamed and cried until we finally had to cancel the appointment.
No matter how organized I tried to be with their clothes, food and school work it was impossible to find what they needed. We spent most days living in my car.
Each weekend we drove down to Nicholle's house and spent the weekend doing our laundry and showering. My kids hated leaving when the weekend was over.
Although we are still lacking power in several rooms, there is still some tile work to finish, the exterior is a disaster and we have many boxes to unpack WE ARE HOME!
We are so thankful to be home. And it is beautiful! Adam turned a year long remodel/addition into a 5 month project.
As a family we worked all day long, or after work until 11:00pm, or after school until 10:00 but we all worked together.
Adam said, "I do remodels/ additions all the time for people but I will never do this again on my own home."
Im so thankful to have a shower to use again, Im thankful my kids all have their beds, Im thankful for the warm heater in our house, Im thankful for a soft chair to sit in, Im thankful for a washing machine. Im so thankful for my husband and all the time and work he has put into this project so that we could have a nice home to live in.











































Wow! That is a lot of amazing work. I can't even imagine all the transitions in between, that would be hard. It will be nice when everything is all done, but how nice to be able to live in your house again!
ReplyDeleteI think you know what it is like to be homeless. It makes me feel grateful just to know how hard these past few months have been for your family. I love seeing the progress of the house rebuild.
ReplyDeleteAll I have to say is...crazy, crazy, crazy!!! BUT look at your beautiful kitchen and home!! I do know exactly how you feel because we have redone every part of this house and yard, but in the end its all worth it and you'll be glad you did it!! Nice work Adam!!
ReplyDeleteYour home is beautiful! I've heard people say that if your marriage can make it through a remodel/building a home, you can make it through anything. You guys passed the test!
ReplyDeleteThat is an astounding project. You have not only doubled the size of your house you've also made it feel like moving into a whole new home. You will never forget how hard this was but you will be thankful for it forever. You have all learned a lot about sacrifice and unity. GREAT JOB!!
ReplyDeleteWow. My goodness. That's incredible! Huge kudos to your family for hanging in there through the stress and chaos. What a gorgeous home!
ReplyDeleteOuch that sounds so painful and awful, but WOW!! It sure is gorgeous. Please tell me your paint color. I've been looking for a perfect gray and I think you've nailed it. Gotta just saw WOW again. You've added so much more value to your home. Great job! Way to survive.
ReplyDelete