Tuesday, December 13, 2022

December 2023

 Since coming back to from vacation there has been a lot of Young Women stuff on my plate.  We had two activities in one week because I was able to get tickets to “The Savior of the World” for all the YW.  I had never attended this event so it was a great experience.  I really liked the view of Thomas and his struggles and doubts.  He was a disciple that is easy to relate to.  






We also delivered Christmas cards and treats to the ward for the bishopric and of course our weekly activities.  

We had our ward Christmas party, where I volunteered to bring a casserole, we had to set up tables and chairs and decorate a few tables.  Part of the activity was to collect items for the teen center for the school district.  We ended up helping to take the donations to the high school.  

A neighbor/friend in the ward had her 26 year old daughter pass away so I have been there to visit several times and I got to help the RS go clean her home today.  

Since Adam is in the Elders Quorum presidency he was asked to hand deliver Christmas invitations for our Christmas program on the 25th.  Anyway, it seems like between our family and callings we have been very involved with church things lately.  


It has been great getting to talk to Avram.  I am so impressed that he has kept such a great attitude even though his companion is not making life easy.  So far Avram has loved the food, loved the people and loved the lizards.  In the past couple of weeks it snowed a lot.  It has also become really cold! You know that bitter cold, its not so fun.  But we will get a white Christmas.  It has been a few years since we had a white Christmas.  






One of the snow days adam didn't go to work until 12:30 So we decided to go steal Quentin for the morning.  He was so cute.  As soon as we pulled into the driveway and Q saw the house he started giggling.  It was so cute.  He loves the train on the tree.  He had a blast running around the house.  






Adam has been trying to get a couple of roofs finished up in island park so he had to go there couple times this month.  
 
We have really enjoyed watching the World Cup this year.  It was especially fun to watch Argentina play in the final game and WIN!  

 I helped briggs clean the red truck really well this week and we listed it on KSL.  It sold in one day! That means we are down to 3 cars!  It feels so good to have another car gone, both for space and financial savings. 



Last year after Christmas, Ila found an Elf on the Shelf toy for really cheap.  She has always wanted one but I told her there was no way I was going to start doing the elf on the shelf stuff every day.  She said she didn't care she just really wanted it, so I bought it.  Adam had a little fun with it this year.  I attached a picture of one of Adams mischievous set ups of the elf pooping in the sink.  



The Christmas season flew by.  It always goes by too quickly but this year it didn’t really feel like Christmas.  It is amazing how quiet our home has become since Avram left. We did get to talk to Avram yesterday, because it was Christmas for him.  He only talked for about 5 mins because he was busy and heading out to a BBQ.  It actually makes Adam and I really happy that he doesn’t want to talk much.  That means he is doing well.  

3 comments:

  1. The picture of the elf pooping in the sink is hilarious! David has moved the elf around for his sisters, but I've never gotten into it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Avram is doing so well. It was so much fun talking to him on Christmas. It has been fun to see the snow. We have never had this much since we moved to Centerville.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's been fun reading Avram's emails. I will never do the elf on the shelf, either. Church callings can keep you busy for sure.

    ReplyDelete