I can’t believe Avram turned 19 this week. I found this picture of Avram for his 8th birthday and it is overwhelming, exhausting, and truly a miracle to see who Avram has become.
We had to meet with LDS services in order to complete Avrams mission paperwork. With all his past struggles we weren’t sure if Avram would be able to serve a full time proselyting mission or if he would go on a service mission.
As I talked to the counselor, and he asked many questions, I felt and overwhelming spirit of gratitude and joy rush through me. I reflected back to the people who were put in our path that helped to guide us to where we needed to go and what we needed to do to help Avram.
It was humbling to realize the personal touch and interest the Lord had in helping Avram overcome the physical and temporal challenges he has had. It was frightening to realize how important my role as his mother had been. I stepped out of my comfort zone many times to fight for him and if I couldn’t find the help he needed, I learned what I needed to do to help him. I have been reading CS Lewis recently and he shared and analogy about if the Lord was going to help us remodel a house. I look at Avram and I see that analogy. Some of the work and challenges Avram had to face was to build him up strong enough to get through the challenges in this world.
Thanks to Crystal for the great missionary pictures.













He has grown and matured a lot. He is an amazing young man. It's amazing the things we learn when we have kids that are more challenging than most.
ReplyDeleteI have no doubt Avram was sent to you because you would fight for him. I've never seen a mom fight for a child like you have. He would not be the person he is today without you.
ReplyDeleteI just sit here and cry. I am so excited for Avram and yet I know how hard it is going to be. You won't be there to fight for him but the Lord will be in his corner walking with him. I know Gabe is also ready to share missionary experiences with Avram. He has a lot of loved ones cheering for him. Sure love that young man.
ReplyDeleteYou are an amazing mother who has made some pretty incredible kids. I can't wait to see how much Avram grows these next few years.
ReplyDelete