Wednesday, May 25, 2022

Eggs!

 I need someone to follow me around and stop me from making decisions that will make my life more complicated.  

Well, we have 5 chickens.  We researched in out and found chickens that produce 5-7 eggs per week and they do great in cold wether.  








They are so tiny and cute when you bring them home but WOW do things change fast!!!
So far we have kept them alive. 

One day the chicks were so noisy.  They have been in the house most of the time because it is still to cold to keep them out side full time. The birds were so noisy they were driving me crazy!  Several of them had poop stuck to their bums.   11:30 pm came around and I started searching online for their crazy behavior. 
I learned we needed to clean their bums.  Ugh.  
I went out to see which one was screaming so loud and there was one on the ground barely alive.  A couple of Chicks were jumping on the nearly dead one.  Another one was stumbling around and kept falling.  They were all soaking wet.  
Im pretty sure they were freezing to death. 
It was now midnight, Adam and I took them, cleaned them, bathed them in warm water, put them in front of a heater and put them to bed.  We thought there would be at least one chick dead in the morning, if not more.  
One chick we left wrapped in a towel by the heater.  She could barely breath.  
I woke up the early the next morning because I didn’t want Ila to find them dead.  She has named them all, and loves them.  To our surprise they were all bouncing around and doing great. 
It was a miracle.  
I know if we wouldn’t have gotten up to take care of them we would have had a least 2 dead in the morning.  

Chickens are really dumb.  Twice I have passed by their cage and found one chick stuck under a bowl with other chicks on top of the bowl.  

]

No comments:

Post a Comment