This was the last week of Briggs play. Each night different volunteers sign up to feed the cast, 45 kids, before the play. Not many people are willing to help out and I hate when it falls back on the director. I signed up for meals. So each day we full of a lot of cooking. The kids were so appreciative for the food I bought in. People that do sign up usually try to make an easy meal.. a lot of Mexican food and soups. The kids went crazy over BBQ chicken, smoked pork, home made rolls, home made treats and cookies, hoagie sandwiches etc.
Avram ended up helping out at the play nearly every night. The kids at Legacy have welcomed Avram and helped him feel so comfortable at the school. Briggs has been really patient allowing Avram to hang out with him and his friends. Avram thinks everyone is his friend. One day one of the boys said to his director, Jules, "hey, if we can find a costume for Avram can he be in the play?" She immediately answered, "yes." My mouth dropped open. I couldn't believe she was going to let Avram jump in. She said, he has been here enough that he knows the show. She told him he could be in the last two shows. It was cute seeing Avram singing and dancing with the kids. They were all so kind and helpful teaching him where he should go and what he should do.
This girl was Donkey in the other cast.
After the final show Ila and her friend, Julia, ran to the cast and wanted a picture with Donkey (Briggs). It was so cute.
It was a fun show, great kids, an amazing director, and an awesome experience for both my boys.
That is so cool that they let Avram in. I can't wait to see the video.
ReplyDeleteI wish I could have gone to one with Avram in it! That is so cool that they let him be a part of it.
ReplyDelete