Sunday, February 21, 2016

February is almost over

Even my kids are saying that time is going by so fast.  I never remember the days going by quickly when I was in the school year but summers alway flew by.  
Valentines day came and went.  We had a double date at our house and watched a movie.  They brought their kids and it was a big party.
This time of year is very busy with my church calling.  We are in ward conferences so I am busy visiting other wards and I have a lot of meetings.
I spent 1 1/2 yrs as a counselor in the Stake primary presidency and I now have spent 1 1/2 years as the Stake primary president.  I am on my 6th high counselor and I have been in the stake as long as the longest high counselor.  I guess the thing that is weighing on me is that when I entered the primary presidency we spent several months training primary presidencies.  Every primary presidency was replaced within the first 6 months of my service.  I am now watching those ward primary presidency begin to change.  I have learned to love these women and the gifts and talents they use to fulfill their callings.  I will be sad that I can't serve with these women any longer and because they are in different wards then me I don't see them much.  
I am extremely thankful for the opportunity I have to serve the children in the stake.  It is so rewarding to go sit with each of the primaries and feel the love that naturally radiates from them. 

life is always busy as mom.  Ila has recently lost her front two bottom teeth.  I actually got sad when that first tooth came out because it made me realize that Ila is growing up faster then I want.   
 Luckily two teeth were already gone when Ila fell and hit her chin.  She had a tooth go threw her lip. We thought she was going to need a couple of stitches but we iced it well and put some super glue on it.  It was amazing how quickly her lip healed.


5 comments:

  1. Ouch!! That looks like a nasty cut. Glad it is healing nicely. I have been in stake callings a lot also. I just love attending stake conference since that is the only place I get to see old friends I served with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ila lip looks horrible. I am glad I wasn't gluing it back together. All your children are growing up to fast. I have never served in a stake calling except for the Family History Center were I served 4 years. It is a joy to get to know others in your stake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ouch Ila!! No fun.
    Story: I was trained with our primary presidency when we first were put in. 6 months later, the president changed, but I stayed in (I'm sect.) OFTEN I have referred to that training and been instructive to our presidency. Often I have used that training as a mother or teacher. You are doing great work! Thank you for your service!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man! That cut looks awful! I need to remember the super glue thing, falls are a common in our home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ouch, that looks painful! You are a busy woman, they are so blessed to have you!

    ReplyDelete