I’ve been trying to update my blog while waiting in the car or at random times during the day, unfortunately, I have written several posts and they never saved. So I will once again try to type this post.
This july was much different than the years past. We typically spend a lot of time in Island Park during July. This year our cabin was rented the majority of July so we weren’t able to use it. The boys are living their lives and Ila had a job so it’s not the same going to IP without our kids.
June and July were months when the Lord prepared me for a new calling I would be receiving shortly during the month of June, I started feeling the impression that I would soon be called to be young women’s president. I was so confident about this calling that we ended up exchanging my car for a little bit bigger vehicle so that I could have more passengers I’ve been in with the young women for the past five years so I know them all really well and I love them each individually so it’s easy to accept the calling because I already love the girls, but at the same time as a parent, feeling completely in adequate right now, and so the thought of having such a huge influence on the youth is terrifying. in the beginning of July, the Bishop called me in and sure enough called me to be the new young women’s president we were going to girls camp that week and he wanted to give me the week or so to think about who I would have as counselors. It was interesting at young women’s camp because my original thought was to find those that could be most helpful for the girls, but as girls can’t plan on, I realized that there were some leaders that were needed because they needed the girls as much or more than the girls needed them. I also started to look for people that would be good at balancing my weaknesses.
Anyway, let’s pause for a minute and remember girls camp this year we went to a camp on the border of Wyoming and Utah. It was a beautiful location but it had pit toilets. I draw the line at pit toilets when it comes to camping. Thankfully, I survived.
Girls camp was really good. There were lots of challenge courses. The weather was really nice except for at night. It got a little bit chilly. I really didn’t prepare for the cold weather because when you go camping in July, it’s rare that you need a jacket. There wasn’t enough room in the cabins for our ward so we had to bring up some tents to pitch and the Leader stayed in the tent along with a few girls. I thought I was going to freeze to death but again I survived. I really enjoy being able to go to camp with Ila and to be part of that experience with her.
After returning from girls camp, I was able to sit down with the Bishop and go through the ward. Trying to decide who could Counselor would be actually the first counselor that I decided on I knew would be my counselor before I even was called to be in women’s President. It was interesting because this individual I did not even know I’ve never really talked to her, but I knew without a doubt that she needed to be in my president presidency so it was a little bit scary, submitting her name because the last time I submitted names for a presidency it was the state primary presidency, and my counselor ended up being very difficult.the second Counselor Came to me at girls camp. I feel very confident that this these are the women the Lord wanted to be part of this presidency.







I hate to camp. Thank you to you and all the leaders that sacrifice to take the girls out in the wild.
ReplyDeleteYou will be amazing. The camp looks amazing, but the pit toilets are miserable.
ReplyDeleteYou are going to be an amazing young women's president! I wish my girls could be in your ward.
ReplyDelete