Saturday, April 8, 2023

Spring Break

This was not a typical spring break.  

First, I have been trying to help ila find a way to earn some money.  It just so happened that she finally got asked to take care of animals during spring break.  Two different people asked so we had 3 dogs for almost 2 full weeks and the 4th dog came for one week.  4 dogs! 


Luckily they are all well behaved so we didn't have any major problems but it was still a lot of work.  

The golden doodles
The Bernadoodles

We also shoveled snow several times this week. We got nearly 24 inches of snow in 2 days.  








Once we completed the shoveling at our house we went around the neighborhood to help out others.  



Last week Adam and I were able to squeeze in a dinner together to celebrate our 21 wedding anniversary.   

We also splurged and got a couple of Ebikes.  It is tough riding bikes in this area with all the hills.  We are excited to actually use them when the weather is a little better.  

Young Womens is a busy calling.  Last month I had 14 girls at my house to teach them how to make corsages and boutonnieres.  
The following week the youngest class came to my house for banana splits.  

Not only did we have young womens but it was also Ilas birthday.  She is officially a teenager.  13! 

She is an emotional roller coaster. She is always the life of the party.  She is great at making friends and her social life is at the top of her priority list.  She and I are opposite in many ways so she is teaching me a lot about patience and finding a different way of doing things.  She and I have had a great year and have grown much closer since I am home schooling her.  Some days are really hard but overall it has been worth the time and energy.  

3 comments:


  1. Happy Anniversary! Happy Birthday, Ila! It takes a lot of patience and learning when your kids do things and think differently than you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe everything that you do. You are a saint to have that many dogs at your house! I want you to come and teach my young women how to make corsages. Would you do it again?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have done such a great job teaching Ila this year. That is so demanding. I hope she appreciates it. I can't believe you did 4 dogs.

    ReplyDelete