Sunday, January 15, 2023

Dentist, orthodontist, endodontist and soon the Oral surgeon

 I have been trying to think of anything excited that happened this week but it was just a regular routine week.  Briggs went to the dentist Monday morning for his cavities to be filled.  I have been making him come up to my bathroom to brush his teeth each night because I am sick of being totally embarrassed every time we go to the dentist.  

Ila had an orthodontist appointment.  
I went to the endodontist this week.  I need another root canal done on a tooth that already had a root canal.  Once they got into the tooth the doctor realized it can't be saved so I have an appointment with the oral surgeon.  I have to get the remainder of this nub of a tooth pulled and then I have to get an implant.  Ugh!!!
Im trying to talk Briggs into going to another HEFY this year.  He said absolutely not but there is a trip to Jerusalem that doesn't have any service with it.  They would get to boat on the sea of Galilee, tube float the dead sea, visit nazareth, the jerusalem center, and all the sites where Christ went.  Briggs still said no.  This morning I was laying in bed and it hit me....there is one trip open, with one spot for a parent (male). Maybe if Dad went, then Briggs would go? So I talked to Adam as soon as he was awake at 6 am. He said yes so I signed them up.  Now I am just hoping Briggs will also accept.   
I know Briggs currently has a testimony of the Savior but (he got accepted to the U of U) this week.  He wants to move in with his friends and go to the U.  All of this is good except that his friends are not only non members but I think their dislike of the church is growing.  Also there are a lot of Professors at the U that contrary to church doctrine.  These kind of influences' are difficult for anyone but they are especially hard for the stage of life that Briggs is soon entering.   
Briggs has been driving my yukon to work every day because the green truck cant make it in the snow and the red truck is gone.  I haven't minded driving around the green truck but it is difficult to move material in my car.  Anyway, Adam ended up buying a new work truck this week.  It is a 2019 with 100,000 miles on it.  It is actually really clean and in good condition.  As for now, Briggs and Zac will be sharing the truck since they go up to Heber on opposite days. 
I spent several hours working outside this week.  We keep getting rain storms in the valley that end up washing away the snow for a day or two.  Whenever those days come I work outside.  I have been trying to finish the caps on my brick wall.  The concrete is reenforced with rebar and it wasn't suppose to come in the size we got nor was it supposed to have rebar so I can only make about 5 cuts and then my blade is dead.  (The blades are $45 a piece). It seems like all my projects end up being a lot more work than they are supposed to be.  
The boys helped me get the big stuff done for a new chicken coop so all I had to do was some remaining fixes and the roof.





Im almost done with my chicken coop.  it is so much better!!! I need Adam or briggs to bring me home some metal for my roof and then I will need to paint it but getting to the eggs is so much easier.  The chickens are loving it also.  We get 3-4 eggs every day.  Inside their nesting area you can see a black thing on the wall, it is a heater.  They hardly ever go in by it but it make me feel less guilty that they are are out in the cold.  






3 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry about your tooth--that sounds awful! It would be SO COOL to go to Jerusalem. It would be such a neat experience for both Briggs and Adam to go on that trip. I am super jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your new chicken coop. I think Brigs and Adam will love Jerusalem. I sure hope Brigs doesn't go live up to the U of U. It sounds like trouble for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tooth sounds awful. Jerusalem sounds like an amazing experience. Your chicken coop is a lot of work!

    ReplyDelete