Wednesday, February 3, 2021

Mid life crisis

Adam and I have been talking about getting another car for about a year.  We wanted something that was smaller and he and I could use instead of the Yukon and his big truck.  

Briggs has also completed drivers ed and just has to wait for his birthday to walk in and pick up his license. 

Adam has decided that even if we don't use the Yukon any more he does not want to get rid of it until he is sure he won't be in YM any more.  I know there are never any guarantee on callings but a few years ago Adam was driving the YM somewhere and one of the boys ripped the back pocket seat in his truck.  He was really mad and doesn't want YM in his truck ever again.  Adam always has a nice truck.  I figure it is his traveling office (Adam drives to Heber nearly every day and is down in Utah county at least once a week, and in SLC every day) so if he wants a nice truck he should have one.  Anyway...

Adam wanted me to have a car, that of course he could use too.  I really wanted a car with 4 wheel drive/ all wheel drive.  I didn't want a cross over type car.  I wanted something as small as possible because Im sick of driving a big car but it has to be big enough that Adam is comfortable in it.   Those stipulations on a car really cut down my options.  

We looked at a lot of really nice cars.  My Yukon is a 2008 base model so all the newer cars had fun options and seemed really fancy compared to the Yukon.  I ended up getting a Subaru WRX.  I know there were many other cars that would have been a more logical and more responsible decision but this car had the things I was looking for and it is really FUN to drive.  



Im having a blast zipping around in my little car and my boys and all their friends are super jealous. LOL.


Part of my midlife crisis it wrapped up on my physical barriers.  I have a pinched nerve in my back that is cause me a lot of problems.  Ugh!  When it first started it was on and off for about 5 days but as of last Tuesday it is one 100% of the time.  I have spent a week and a half in bed.  I have been to the chiropractor, physical therapist and doctor.  I have an appointment set up with a specialist next month that Im hoping to be able to cancel but if not, it is there because I am going crazy laying around.  

I have learned that I can handle pain/ injury when I have a time line.  With my surgeries I knew that if I was patient for so long then it would improve.  Bed rest for babies there was always a time line but laying here with my back and not feeling improvement and not having a time line is like torture for me.  The nerve is going down my left leg, which has always been my dominate leg.  It is causing the pain/ arthritis to be enhanced in my left knee and my hip is aching more.  (My left knee will need work soon just because it is slowly falling apart from sports and my left hip will need work soon due to hip dysplsia but all of that is suppose to be in the future.) 
On the bright side, it is a lot different being stuck in bed now that I have older kids.  I get up to drive them around here and there but for the most part the kids are self sufficient, of course with me calling out instructions.  I look back now on the amount of time I was stuck in bed while pregnant and for injuries and I don't know how we ever made it through that time.  So no complaining now.

My YW heart attacked my door last night since I wasn't at the activity.  I love these YW.  I have been in YW callings a lot over the years but this group of girls are in my home a lot since they are Ilas friends and I loved them before I got into YW so now it is the greatest being around them even more.  

 

4 comments:

  1. That was really nice of the YW to decorate your door. Back pain can be horrible. I am so sorry to hear that you are constantly in pain. Hopefully, the specialist will be able to help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't realize you are still struggling with your back. That is horrible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry your back is hurting you so much. I hope you can get some relief soon. What nice YW.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry to hear about your pain and injuries. You are so young to be suffering like that. When you get my age you expect pain from age-related circumstances. You are in our prayers. May you find an end SOON!

    ReplyDelete