Saturday, July 25, 2020

What to do.

We have had many wood chopping contest this year.  The boys have come home many times from island park so sore they could hardly move.  Adam still holds the record for the fastest at chopping a tree down.



We have had different experiences on the weekends when we have been in island park.  This particular weekend we rented a cabin for the Jessop family.  Adams friend Brian came up to help do some excavating at the cabin and he brought his family for a mini vacation also.  Ila was in heaven because they have a 4 month old baby.


I have learned a lot about cooking outside this summer.  I have had to sometimes cook and prepare meals for many people and sometimes just for my family.
We tried out this new treat of Marshmallows, chocolate and peanut butter chips, caramel, waffle cones, fruit and after it is all cooked some whip cream on top.

One weekend Adam took the kids to Herramin state park to go horse back riding.  I stayed back because my knee and hip don't do well on horses and then I also had some free time to do some deep cleaning in the camping trailer.  





 One weekend we took the kids and had them float a portion of the snake river.



The one who is enjoying this camping each weekend/ week the most is our dog Buddy.  I think he is going to die this winter when he is stuck at home again.

3 comments:

  1. It's awesome that your kids have been able to do some fun things while you've been working on the cabin.

    The dessert you made looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you are getting some precious times in with family this summer. These will be the future great memories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is good you have had some fun.

    ReplyDelete