Monday, November 11, 2019

Briggs

Briggs is living this 9th grade year to its fullest.  As a team leader in Advance musical theater he has added responsibilities.  A couple of weeks ago the group played an "amazing race" game.  I had to drive for Briggs group.  We ended up winning the race 👅.  One of the stops was at our house.  The kids came in and had to score a specific level at the game Just Dance on the xbox.


Briggs also tried out and made the basketball team.  He was worried when he tried out because he wasn't a "starter".  That only lasted one game and now Briggs is rarely taken out of the game.  I have to say, "it is so comforting, for me, to see him back in a sport uniform."  The theater and AMT is so far out of my comfort zone.  I have learned a lot from the other programs and Im super thankful for Briggs desire to stretch himself in so many areas of life.

Adam is the assistant coach for the team.  I think he really likes having Briggs in sports so he can be more involved also.

I can't believe how well Briggs is doing in all his activities.  He has to get up at 5:45am for ballroom a couple of days a week and then he has basketball after school.  He is also trying to make sure he doesn't fall behind in his theater responsibilities and his grades are even decent.


2 comments: