I took Briggs and a bunch of friends to the funeral / viewing. For the viewing instead of doing a typical meeting Nick requested that they have hot coco and donuts in the back yard. Briggs thought this was the coolest idea and said, "this is what I want to do for mine too." I told him lets not plan that out right now. The funeral was under an hour and everything went according to Nicks wishes.
I had an amazing experience on September 30th. I had been thinking about my friend Stacy for several days and her family (Nick). I kept trying to figure out what I could do for them. The weekend came and went and I thought I will just stay out of the way and figure out what I can do after Nick passes. Monday morning I went on a walk with Buddy. I had put everything behind me but as I walked I started thinking about Stacy and Nick again. I became very anxious and I knew I needed to go immediately to see Stacy. I didn't know why I felt so strongly about going to see Stacy but I decided I would take them a gift card for Honey Baked ham and then I would take them a copy of Moms book. I got about half way through my walk and I had to turn around and go home as fast as I could. Without changing I just grabbed my keys and the things I needed and went to Stacys house. When I arrived the whole family was home. She has two other boys, one in high school and one in 6th grade. Her husband was also home. I talked to Stacy for a few minutes, I gave her the stuff I had brought her and I left. The moment the door closed I broke down and cried. I knew things were hard and that it wasn't long until Nick would pass away.
I left but I couldn't stop thinking about the Miller family all day. My heart just broke. It wasn't until later that day that a friend called me and said, "have you looked at the face book post from Stacy today?" I answered, "No." She said, "Stacy posted a couple of hours ago that Nick had died." I read the post and I found out that Nick had passed away Sunday night but the family hadn't told anyone until Monday early afternoon. I didn't have any clue when I went over that morning that he had passed away.
I texted Stacy and told her how sorry I was to hear that Nick had passed away. I told her I didn't know, when I stopped by, that Nick had died but I wanted her to know the prompting I had that morning to come see her and that I knew the Heavenly Father was very aware of her.
This was a very humbling moment for me to realize the importance of being in tune with the Holy Ghost. Without a doubt I know the Lord wanted me to go by when I did. I thought it was odd that I was sent to see them that morning. Stacy is a friend but we are not super close. I thought of all the people to send, "why me?" It really made me reflect on the experiences we have in our lives and the things we are taught and how those experience help us come closer to him.
I know "why you," the Lord knew He could trust you to follow through with that prompting. It's a good thing you did! I am so sad for that family.
ReplyDeleteI am so glad you followed the spirit and went.
ReplyDelete