Friday, June 21, 2019

Greatest blessing


After such a depressing post earlier this week I’m thrilled about entering this post. Briggs has been at EFY this week.  We send out kids there without friends and we have seen such amazing results.  
Before o took Briggs to EFY I told Adam we have to figure out a way to help Briggs have a good attitude because he is my child that gets home sick the easiest and I knew when I dropped him off it would be extremely emotional.  Adam talked to Briggs and offered him a couple hours of video games each week if he had a positive attitude and didn’t give me a hard time about going.  Briggs is a addict when it comes to video games so he immediately perked up and I didn’t struggle at all dropping him off. 
Surprisingly, we didn’t hear from Briggs all week. I sent him a text on Wednesday saying, “I hope you are having a good time.”  Adam went him a text Thursday saying, “he loved and missed him.” 
We were really happy he wasn’t calling because we figured no news meant good news. 
Thursday night about 10:50 pm we got a call from Briggs.  I almost didn’t recognize his voice.  He was so happy!  He could talk fast enough.  He just kept going on and on about all the things he has learned and how amazing the spirit has been.  He said he has never felt the spirit so strong.  He was telling us scriptures he had learned, videos he had seen, and things he had done.  
I can’t begin to express the joy I felt hearing him talk about a meeting he had just gone to and he learned how much the Lord lived loved him.  
This was by far one of the greatest moments of parenting when you hear the testimony of your child. 

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad Briggs had a good time! Hopefully he will be excited to go again next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love EFY. I hope it lasts for a long time.

    ReplyDelete