Sunday, May 12, 2019

Get a Job

An interesting opportunity came up this past month.  Jake told me about an online job through BYU pathway.  It was a great part time job and I would be doing something I really enjoy and believe in while also serving others.  I went back and forth on the job until finally I decided I would apply.  I had a couple of interviews and had started the process to getting hired.  Ideally one would look at my life and think of course I could pick up a part time job while my kids were in school.  Ila will be going into 4th grade this coming year.  I would even have summers off.  My callings in church are youth Sunday school teacher and Im on the RS activity committee.  Even as I type this it is almost baffling why I can't work out my schedule to pick a 20 hours of work.
I started thinking about the kinds of things I have been involved in this past year:
Both my boys receiving their Eagle Scout award


Countless hours sewing costumes, making food and attending performances for ballroom.

The food I have prepared and served for the kids.  More importantly the relationships built with my kids peers while I fed them.






The school projects/ reports I have helped with.
(This is the model Ila and I used for her diorama)

The homework assignments I have done with my kids.  The communication and involvement I have had with my kids teachers




And the play that I helped with by feeding kids, running concessions and most importantly helping Briggs prepare to get this part and perform it.


I know all these things are above and beyond what I "have" to do as a mother but this is the only time I will be able to do these things.  So I turned down the job and decided to keep my focus on my kids.  
I haven't mentioned the summer lawn jobs I get to help my boys with each week (5 hrs of time) and the summer school classes I will be doing with my boys.  




3 comments:

  1. Go Lisa!! I think you made the right choice!! Your kids will be gone before you know it and you will be so happy you spent this time with them and all their events. I wouldn't trade my time with my kids and their friends for anything! They were wonderful years:)

    ReplyDelete

  2. This is your season to be with your children. They will be gone sooner than you can imagine. Isn't it nice to know that you can get a job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sending my kids to your house when they have to make a diorama!

    ReplyDelete