This week was the dreaded week of scout camp. I say dreaded because this year the boys went on a 50 mile backpacking hike. As you know there was a big thunderstorm Monday night and these boys were in it. It was rough starting out with your first night in a rain storm.
Tuesday was their hardest hiking day.
From the sounds of it all the boys really struggled. Briggs was crying of home sickness and exhaustion.
I am so thankful my boys had this experience. It was really hard but they accomplished it. Briggs was asked to speak today in church. This was his first talk in sacrament meeting. He talked about the scout camp and how it helped to understand and appreciate the sacrifice that Nephi and his family made to leave Jerusalem.
I took advantage of the boys being gone and I gutted their rooms. We bought them both a Full size mattress. They had out grown their twin beds. The boys were pleasantly surprised to see a clean room and a soft bed.



I should have gone down to their rooms and checked those new beds out.
ReplyDeleteWhat a welcome to return to new beds after that difficult hike. Cari's family was caught in that storm near Mirror Lake. Not fun!
ReplyDeleteThat makes me sad to hear that Briggs was crying. Sometimes those hard experiences become some of the most memorable of our lives.
ReplyDelete