Sunday, May 14, 2017

He did it!

Briggs tried out for Advance Musical Theater at his school.  The director warned the kids that she would only take 7 kids in the 7th grade.  Briggs has grown in so many ways through his experiences in the school play the past couple of years.  The director, Jules Snarr, has performed on Broadway and has tons of experience.  The best thing about Jules is that she changes lives.
There are good coaches and teachers but the great ones truly change lives.  I have been so thankful that Briggs has been able to work with Jules, so I have been so worried he wouldn't make the cut.  He doesn't have much experience (other than the 2 school plays).  Many other kids have been in voice classes, dance classes and acting classes.
For their tryouts they had to recite a one minute monolog and they had to sing a song from a play that had been on broadway.  Jules had a handful of people in the tryouts with her to help her with the cuts.  Parents are not allowed to watch the tryouts so each mom (when her child is in the tryout) stands right next to the door and listens carefully trying to hear how things are going.  Oh, and you have to have everything memorized!
109 kids tried out for advance musical theater.  We just found out today that Briggs made it!  When I saw his name I just started crying.  I am so thankful he will be able to have this experience and work with Jules more.
Briggs is supper excited too.

5 comments:

  1. I am so proud of you Briggs! That is incredible! Let us know when the next play is and we'll be there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so great. Brigs really does well on stage. I can't wait to see him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go Briggs!! That is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to Briggs! That is a real honor and it sounds like he's ready for it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, sounds like that would have been scary!! Can't wait to hear about all the things he will learn. He must be REALLY good!!

    ReplyDelete